This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Modeller to join a hugely successful Irish independent global developer of renewable energy. The successful candidate will report to the Group Head of Commercial in conjunction with the Senior Financial Modeller. The role will offer first hand exposure to private equity, investment banking and M&A activities and would ideally suit an ambitious individual keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling and further grow their career with a very reputable and supporting company.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets
- Support the acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally through financial modelling.
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 3-5 years’ experience of financial modeling
- Renewable Energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential efficiencies / areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Statements
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel as required